- Focus Areas
- About Us
What makes R4D unique is our people. Our people make our organization what it is. We’ve listed a number of qualities that our staff have below. Many come from diverse backgrounds with experience both in international development and the private sector – and all believe strongly in our mission - to unlock solutions to tough development challenges.
Some of our staff have worked on Wall Street, in top consulting firms and at the international organizations like the World Bank, while others have spent their careers prior to joining us, on the ground, in the field, with NGOs in developing countries.
We believe strongly that a person can only flourish as part of a team for the benefit of all involved. At work, those who work here’s responsibilities and contributions are substantial. All ideas are welcome and given a chance to thrive.
Those who do best at R4D are individuals whose motivations lie in the thrill found in uncovering a new approach, idea or new way of solving a problem. Our best performers love their work, and work as part of an outstanding team.
The diverse mix of staff at R4D shows that we understand that it takes a range of talented individuals to be successful in what we do. Because diversity of thought and approach is so important, we recruit from many disciplines.
Qualities we look for:
1. A relentless and tenacious spirit and who are willing to stick with a problem until they find a solution
2. Relationship builders
3. Individuals who are un-bashful about trying out new ideas and asking the un-asked questions
4. Self-starters to an extreme who thrive on finding new approaches
5. Individuals who appreciate a work environment that celebrates freedom of ideas and a flexible work-style
6. Individuals who enjoy hard work with big payoff – both personally and for the projects they work on
7. People who bring a diverse mix of skills and don’t shy away from the extremes of crunching numbers to speaking in front of a crowd
To learn more about our staff click here.
Working at R4D
Our staff is encouraged to stretch themselves every day. Whether they want to support a new program and content area, or focus on a new region or country -- we work hard to make that happen.
If you think we would be a good fit for your career aspirations, we are currently accepting resumes/CVs from qualified individuals to fill existing positions as well as those that we anticipate adding in the upcoming months.
We recruit for both full-time positions and internships. Please refer to the position descriptions below before submitting your resume. Thank you for your interest in our organization.